Have you been considering adding veneers to your teeth? Dr. Gerald Ryan, your dentist in Swartz Creek, MI, can help you decide if veneers are a good choice for you.
Veneers conceal tooth flaws
A veneer keeps imperfections hidden under a thin layer of porcelain. Veneers are shells are made from an impression of your mouth and cemented onto the fronts of your teeth where flaws are most noticeable. The restorations don't require any major changes to your tooth. In some cases, it may be necessary to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel before you add veneers so they are flush with the surrounding teeth.
Veneers can help your smile
Veneers might be the perfect option for you if:
- Your smile is dull: Veneers provide a long-lasting whitening option and are available in many shades of white. The restorations are resistant to stains from coffee, tea, red wine, berries, and other stain-causing foods and beverages.
- You have a discolored tooth: During your visit to the Swartz Creek, MI, dental office, your dentist will choose a veneer shade that closely matches your other teeth. Once the veneer is attached, the discoloration will no longer be noticeable.
- You have a tooth that looks a little out of place: If a crooked or unusually shaped tooth makes you feel like hiding your smile, a veneer offers a simple solution. Your new veneer will improve the shape of the tooth and make it look just like your other teeth.
- Your tooth is damaged or flawed: Veneers hide chips and shallow cracks and keep uneven surfaces out of view.
- You're unhappy with the gap in your smile: Would you like to get rid of the gap between your front teeth? Although large gaps require orthodontic treatment, slight gaps can be hidden with veneers.
- Your tooth is too short: Length discrepancies can make your smile look uneven. Veneers extend the length of short or worn teeth, enhancing your smile.
Renew your smile with veneers! Call your Swartz Creek, MI, dentist, Dr. Ryan at (810) 635-8446 to schedule your appointment.